FAQs for Website Design
Websites are an important marketing asset for any business, big or small. F&B businesses should also have their own websites to create an online brand. It's an incredibly powerful and useful tool and can benefit a large F&B company or even a small one. Hotkhana.com's website design services come loaded with features and is affordable too.
Here are some commonly asked questions on our website design services:
Question Why do I need a website?
Answer There are 400 million internet users in India. And growing. No business can afford to ignore this.
Question But I am already on Zomato and Justdial?
Answer Online dining guides are based on user-generated content. You do not have control on this content. Sometimes, user-generated content can have negative impact on your brand. As a business, you need a channel to communicate to your target audience. A website helps you do that.
Many restarauteurs complain of unfair reviews and ratings.
Question What are the benefits of having my own F&B website?
Answer The benefits of having your own website for your F&B outlets are many. Here are a few of them:
- Your Voice, Your Story - You do have a philosophy behind your business, don't you? Your own website is a simple, yet, platform for you tell your story just like individuals tell their stories through a blog.
- Your Brand Asset - Your F&B website is your biggest brand asset. There are only a few who can visit your F&B but think of the millions who can visit your website
- Available 24/7/365 - It doesn't matter if it's business hours or not. Customers can access information and experience your brand online
- Expansion and Growth- Most F&B owners want to grow, create franchisees. Your website helps growth and builds credibility and geography is not a barrier
- Low Ownership Cost - Information on your website is easy to update and change. Compare cost for printing pamphlets, distribution etc - chances are that one such printing and distribution cost will be almost the cost of maintaining your own website for a year.
Question I had/have a website - it just didn't work. Why should I spend again?
Answer Website design is simple but complex too. There are many layers of technology, design, search engine optimization and content. Not everyone understands all these layers. Chances are that your F&B website did not cover all these elements and, therefore, may not have helped
Question What should I look for in a website designer?
Answer A website is like an iceberg - you only see the tip. There are many parameters that defines a quality website. You can read more in Five Must-Have Attributes of a F&B Website
Question Is technology or content more important in a website?
Answer Both technology and content are absolutely important. If the technology is weak then your F&B website maybe slow or cannot scale leaving visitors frustrated. On the other hand, you can have the best technology but poor content which could diminish your brand and make your website boring. Think of it as a BMW without fuel.
Question Godaddy, WIX and others offer low-cost web solutions?
Answer Yes, they do and if you have an in-house designer, content writer, photographer and someone who understands DNS, IP addresses, PHP, Apache, Meta Descriptions, Page Titles etc these are viable options. Chances are that you are already stretched for resources in running your F&B operations and adding such resources or Do-it-yourself strategies maybe counter-productive. It is best that you contract it to a credible web designer - it will be cheaper in the long run,
Question How much does a website cost?
Answer There are multiple costs for managing a website - hosting, domain name, clean IP, SEO, content writers and photograhers. It could be as low as Rs 10,000 or could be as high as Rs 100,000. It is advisable to pay a little more to ensure that you get the best of content and technology.